Marion Military Institute Tiger's Den
Textbook Rental Agreement
This rental agreement is a contract between you and Marion Military Institute Tiger’s Den Bookstore (MMI) and applies to your rental of textbooks and/or course materials from us. This agreement sets forth your rights and obligations and should be read carefully.
We may modify this agreement from time to time as posted on the Website. It is important that you review the Website regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes.
For questions regarding this Agreement please contact the Director of Auxiliary Services.
Terms and Conditions
- All information provided by you in connection with this agreement must be accurate and complete.
- You must have a valid securing tender on file with us at all times. Credit/debit cards provided as a securing tender must be a personal credit/debit card. You must be either the account holder or authorized user of the credit card used to secure the rental material or have been given permission by the account holder.
- Rented materials remain the property of MMI or authorized supplier. Your acceptance of rented materials and paying rental fees entitles you to use the property of MMI or authorized supplier for a limited amount of time and only for personal, non-commercial, and non-transferable use. At the end of the rental period, the rented materials must be returned in a salable condition by the return date.
- Rented materials can be refunded and then purchased during the first two weeks of classes only. Rented materials identified as rental only titles are not available for purchase at any time.
- Rented materials must be returned to the bookstore from which they were originally rented in salable condition by the rental return date designated by us at the time of rental. Salable condition will be determined by us in our sole discretion, but generally means the book spine is intact, no significant physical damage, no water damage to the cover or contents, all original pages intact, all original components present, and no excessive highlighting, writing or other markings. Minimal use highlighting and writing is permitted.
- You are responsible for loss or theft of all rented materials. Rented materials not returned by the rental return date or returned on or before that date not in salable condition will be subject to non-return fees equal to 75% of the new book price plus a 7.5% processing fee. Non-return fees will be automatically charged to the securing tender on file for this agreement. In the event that the securing tender on file for this agreement is no longer valid or if the purchasing limit on the securing tender has been exceeded, we will contact you for, and you agree to promptly pay in full, the non-return fees with an alternative payment method accepted at the bookstore.
- If you have not returned the rented materials by the rental return date and we are unable to charge you securing tender, it is your responsibility to pay the non-return fees immediately. You will be notified via email if your securing tender was declined and have 15 days to pay the fees before your account and any information, including personally identifiable information, you have provided to us is turned over to a collection agency (“agency”).
- You agree that MMI and any agency it hires to collect non-return fees may contact you or your parent or legal guardian, via e-mail at the address you have provided, and you waive any claims of a violation or your privacy or of potential third party disclosure if persons other than you, your parent, or legal guardian view your e-mail. Additionally, you agree that MMI and any agency it hires may contact you or your parent or legal guardian via U.S. Mail, telephone or cellular telephone should contact information be provided by you or obtained as provided below regarding your failure to return rented materials or pay applicable non-return fees.
- You authorize MMI to share details of your rental transactions with the College, or School at which you may enroll in the future and you further authorize such college or school to provide MMI with contact information, including but not limited to, your e-mail address, student address, home address, home telephone number and cellular telephone number, which may be different than the information you provided to us, for the purpose of contacting you regarding failure to return Rented Materials or open non-return fees.
- All rental textbook returns must be complete before Graduation or Convocation.
- Returns shipped UPS, USPS or other carriers must be postmarked and shipped on or before the rental return date.
- Standard tax rates for the state of Alabama apply.